A couple of important notes for those attending the reunion:
1. If you haven’t already done so, please check your email and reply back to us with your answers to our questionnaire. We must receive this back NLT 9 Aug in order to be included in the program. Responses should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. There will be a $25 fee for individuals who visit the hospitality suite but did NOT purchase a reunion ticket. There are a few people who will be in Vegas and plan to connect with us in the hospitality suite but are unable to attend the actual reunion dinner and therefore, didn’t purchase a ticket. This $25 fee will help off-set hospitality suite expenses and will be collected at the door. To Clarify: This fee does NOT apply to those who have purchased a reunion ticket.
3. Speaking of the hospitality Suite; the actual room number will be posted here on Facebook and our website on Thursday afternoon, 17 Aug.
We’re only 17 days away!!
If you're attending the reunion, please check your email for a short questionnaire. Thanks for those that have already responded.
7/18 Today is the last day to book your room at The Golden Nugget and receive the group discount. Tomorrow all rooms will be regular price. For more info - see our post below from 12/2016.
Couple of updates:
1. If you've already purchased a ticket to attend the reunion, please check your email. You were sent a questionanaire today to complete and send back.
2. For those who have NOT purchased your tickets, we've extended tickets sales for the duration of the weekend to Sunday, 9 Jul.
If you have questions or concerns, please let us know: email@example.com
Postal family & friends,
Due to the fact that we have to finalize all numbers with the hotel prior to our event, there will not be any ticket sales at the door. The deadline to purchase your tickets is July 7th. This will allow us just enough time to do so. So please don't wait - get your tickets now!!
If you have questions or concerns, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Peeps Near and Far!
We’re on the hunt for a DJ for our reunion. Please let us know if you know anyone in the Vegas area that may be willing to help us out. We’re looking for a DJ that has all the basic DJ equipment to include a wireless mic. Although we have a limited budget, we are prepared to compensate them for their time. Please email us at email@example.com if you can help us out.
The Golden Nugget Casino and Resort
Saturday, 19 Aug 2017
6-10pm (4 hours)
We’re inching closer and closer to our reunion date of 19 Aug! Get your tickets now if you haven’t done so yet! Scroll down to our post on 12/16 for all the ticket and hotel information.
We have a few details to share with you.
- We have confirmed that Elvis will be in the house and he has graciously agreed to perform a few songs for us. I promise you – you do not want to miss this!
- Our Dinner Buffet Menu will include:
Salmon w/Herb Basmati Rice and Brown Butter Pecan Sauce
Chicken Breast Florentine
(Boneless Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach, Feta Cheese and Sun-dried tomatoes)
Beef Tenderloins Tips
(Burgundy Wine Sauce, Pearl Onions, and Mushrooms)
Fresh Baked Dinner Rolls
Field Green Salad w/White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Vine Ripened Tomato Salad
Roasted Vegetable Salad tossed in Balsamic Vinaigrette
Chef’s Select Starch and Seasonal Vegetable
Seasonal Fruit Tarts, Crème Brulee, Cheesecake with Berries and
Chocolate Mousse Cups
- There are several entries in our “Memorial” link. Thank you to those that posted. Please take a few moments to click on the link and see if you knew anyone listed there. If so, please feel free to leave a tribute and/or upload any photos you have of them. Also, if you notice someone is missing, please feel free to add their name. It would truly be horrible if someone is missed. If you’re not comfortable entering the information yourself, a quick email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the person’s name, where they were stationed or any details you have will work. We’ll be sure to get the information posted.
- Lastly, there are lots of pictures uploaded, but we’re still looking for more. Please take some time to go through your photo albums (we know you have them) and share those photos.
Thanks All! More to come……
Just a quick update to let you all know the reunion planning is on track and tickets sales are in full swing! Please see our last update below for ticket sales information etc.
We're still in search of photos and videos that you'd like to share as well as any ideas. Thanks to those who have already posted pics and helped with memorials.
Lastly, when we first started this process a few folks said they may be able to donate something or had a particular skill the reunion could benefit from. We're still waiting to hear from many of you. Email us at: email@example.com
That's it for now. Again, if you have questions, concerns or ideas, we'd love to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 AF Postal Reunion Tickets are available for your purchase NOW!!
We ask that if you’re able, please purchase your tickets early. We have to make an initial deposit of $3,000 by 30 Jan 2017. Thanks in advance to those who can help.
By clicking on the “Buy Now” button above, you will be directed to our Pay Pal account where you can securely purchase your tickets using your credit or debit card. We chose Pay Pal to ensure your personal information is fully protected.
Tickets will be on sale now thru 7 July 2017. No tickets sales at the door.
Tickets are $125 per person.
Ticket includes light refreshments and drinks at our “Meet and Greet” Suite Friday, 18 Aug and Buffet Dinner at the “Reunion” Saturday, 19 Aug.
NOTE: Reunion tickets do NOT include hotel accommodations.
Reunion Details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 17 August 2017 (Travel Day Lodging Available)
Date: Friday, 18 August 2017 / Meet and Greet (Time to be Announced)
Date: Saturday, 19 August 2017 / Reunion (Buffet Dinner) (Time to be Announced)
Location: Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino
129 East Fremont Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Refund policy of tickets is as follows:
100% Refund before 30 March 2017
50% Refund 1 April – 30 May 2017
No refunds after 30 May 2017 – by this time all of the money collected will be allocated
Guest Accommodations: Of course you are free to stay at any hotel or your choice. But, if you would like to stay at The Golden Nugget, we have reserved a block of rooms (King and Doubles in the Carson Tower for:
Thursday-17 Aug, Friday-18 Aug and Sat -19 Aug.
These rooms are available to you at a group rate as follows:
Thursday, 17 Aug - $74.00 plus 12% tax (Includes $15 Resort Fee)
Friday, 18 Aug and Saturday, 19 Aug - $114.00 plus 12% tax (Includes $15 Resort Fee)
(If you choose to stay at The Golden Nugget you do NOT have to stay all three nights listed above. You can stay for one, two or all three nights. Just let the Reservation Department know which dates)
- Access to the fitness center for two people daily
- Access to the pool areas
- In-room internet access; up to two devices per day
- Printing of Airline Boarding Passes at the Front Desk
- Free Parking
- Two Free Bottled Waters per day
- Complimentary RJ Newspapers in the Tower Lobbies from 6-10am
ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE: Check-in is after 3pm. Check-out is 11am
All guests make their own reservations by calling The Golden Nugget Reservation Department directly (800)331-5731. In order to obtain the special group rate you must identify yourself as being with the Air Force Postal Reunion.
The Golden Nugget requires a first nights deposit of room and tax to guarantee individual reservations. The hotel accepts all major credit cards for the deposit and your card will be charged at the time of reservation. You may cancel individual reservations up to 72-hours prior to arrival without a penalty. Cancellations received inside of 72-hours of arrival will forfeit first night room and tax deposit. All guests will be required to provide either a credit card imprint or cash deposit upon check-in.
Reservation Cut-Off Date: The “cut-off date” for accepting reservations into this group block is 18 July 2017. Reservation requests and/or name/date change requests received after 5pm local time at hotel on the cut-off date will be accepted based on rate and/or category availability. In other words, any reservations made after 18 July 2017 will NOT receive the special group rate.
In the Works:
- Bar, DJ, Coins etc. Ticket sales will determine extras. More to come…….
- The Program--we’re turning our attention to the actual program
- We’re still looking for more photos, video and your input
- More to come………
Thank you all for your patience and support! Inputs, questions and/or concerns can be addressed to: email@example.com.
Time is ticking and your planning committee is working hard to pull everything together to make this reunion successful and memorable.
But we need your help right now. We need you to do the following:
1. If you know of one of our postal comrades that have passed away, please, please take a few minutes and document the information you know of under the “Memorial” tab. Even if you only have limited details, any information will help as we don’t want anyone to be forgotten. Or you can send the information to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If by chance you have a photo of the person that would be extremely helpful as well.
2. We're also still looking for photos for the video. Upload all your postal photos to the “Photo Album” tab, the reunion facebook page, or you can email them to us at our email address: email@example.com. We see there have been several photos uploaded recently, so a big thank you to those that took time to get that done.
We’re still working on the details for ticket sales. It’s taking a bit longer than anticipated as we’re getting a non-proit account number established to ensure all the legalities are covered. We’re very, very close and hope to start selling tickets within the next few weeks. If you have questions or comments please let us know. You can reach us via the “Message Board” tab, our reunion facebook page or our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date!!
Drum Roll…………….The 2017 AF Postal Reunion will be held at The Golden Nugget Casino, Las Vegas Nevada on Saturday, August 19th!!
We’re still in the process of fine tuning the details including ticket sales information and guest room accommodations. As soon as we get all the details ironed out, we’ll push this information out to you. We hope to have all that and start selling tickets by the end of November 2016.
In the meantime, check out The Golden Nugget Casino on the web: www.goldennugget.com. One highlight of the Golden Nugget is the Shark Tank. It’s a $30 milllion pool that features a 200,000-gallon shark tank with a three story water slide. It’s truly spectacular!
You’ll also notice that The Golden Nugget is located right in the heart of Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. If you’re not familiar with the area, you’ll definitely want to check it out here: www.vegasexperience.com. From the free Viva Vision light show to the Slotzilla Zip Line, there’s something here for everyone.
We’re also still looking for photos and videos. You can post them here, on the facebook page or you can email them to: email@example.com.
A special thanks goes out to Sam Davis and Annette Williams for taking time out their busy schedules to travel to Las Vegas to scout out the best hotel, location and value for our reunion.
That’s it for now folks……be on the lookout for another update in November!
Thank you all for taking time to check out the website and answering the Poll questions. We can see by your responses that there's definitely interest out there! So we're happy to say we'll be pressing forward.
As of today, there's a tight race for what people would be willing to pay for a ticket to attend the reunion with $100 being right in the middle. We'll focus on keeping the tickets within that range. Overwhelmingly, people voted to hold the reunion during the month of August. And a whopping 12 people said they may be able to contribute (we'll be waiting to hear from you all)!
Know that your voices have been heard! We'll now canvass Las Vegas venues with this information in mind. This process will likely take several months, but as soon as we nail down the details we'll post it here.
In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please take a few minutes and click on the RSVP link to let us know you're planning on attending. We understand that your plans could change, but just knowing your intentions today will help us with the planning and venue selection.
We'd also ask that you start posting your pictures in the Photo Album link or on our Facebook page. If you post it on Facebook we can drag it over to the website. So either/or will work just fine.
Thank you again! We hope you're as excited for this reunion as we are!
Greetings Fellow AF Postal Peeps Past and Present!
We're in the early stages of planning an AF Postal Reunion to be held during the summer of 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. We know it's early, but wanted to start getting the word out to give everyone as much planning time as possible.
In order to determine the venue and other details, we have a few questions for you to answer. Please take a minute to click on the Poll Page to the left of the screen. The answers to these questions are paramount in determining when, where and ultimately how successful this reunion will be. The poll will be taken down on 30 May 2016.
After answering the poll questions, click on the Guestbook link to the left and leave us a message. If you have pictures you'd like to share, please upload them to the Photo Album link and they will be used for a video to be shown at the event.
Lastly, if you know of one of our postal comrades that is no longer with us, please provide that information in the Memorial link. We will make time to honor each of them at our event.
Check back here often, as we will keep this page up to date with details as they arise.
Your planners for this event are:
Diana Burr, Samuel Davis III and Annette Williams.
If you have questions or concerns, you can submit them via the guestbook to the left or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks All! We look forward to hearing from you!